You will surely not feel guilty next time after grabbing another sip of coffee when you have this much of the health benefits of coffee.
Coffee has always been praised to cure laziness and get considered as a gift from heaven, at the same time has been mocked or blamed to cause madness and impotence. However, what is the actual fact? We all know that coffee is loaded with antioxidants and valuable nutrients to improve our health.
Let’s know about scientifically proven 15 health benefits of coffee –
1. Enhances Our Physical Performance – Having a cup of coffee, usually a black coffee just an hour before physical exercise or workout can boost your performance by 12 %. Caffeine boost adrenaline levels in our blood stream. Adrenaline is our body’s “fight” hormone that helps our body for any sort of physical exertion.
2. Cure Pain – Just two cups of coffee can cure muscle pain that one gets a post workout by 48%, as stated in the Journal of Pain in March 2007.
3. Promote Mental Strength – It has been proven scientifically that coffee plays a vital role to bolster our brain. Researchers claim that individual who drinks 3-5 cup of coffee every day has about 65% less chance of developing mental disorder like Alzheimer’s or dementia. Moderate intake of coffee also helps you to stay focused and mentally alert.
4. May Help in Weight Loss – We know that coffee is loaded with antioxidants but do you know that it also contains potassium and magnesium that helps our body use insulin, regulate the sugar level in blood. It also helps in reducing our craving for snacks and sugary treats. It also helps in fat cell breakage and uses it as body fuel for any physical training.
5. Enhance Our Fiber Intake – A cup of coffee usually represents an involvement of around 1.8 grams of a fiber of the recommended intake of 19-38 grams. As per the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
6. Lower Risk of Diabetes – As per the Achieves of Internal Medicine, people who consume 5-6 cups of coffee every day has 22% less risk of diseases like diabetes. Shocking but about 11.8% men of America above the age of 20 years have diabetes. Hence, it has become a growing concern and due to this, it is receiving lots of attention from the medical community. Recently, it has been discovered by Harvard researchers that men consuming coffee had a significantly lesser risk of developing diabetes of type – II. However, it is essential to regulate your sugar intake.
7. Protect Our Ticker – Any individual who is serious about their health knows the significance of a strong cardiovascular system. You will be surprised to know that simply by sipping 1-2 cups of coffee daily could significantly lessen the risk of the cardiovascular disorder. As per a Japanese research on more than 76,000 participants, men who consumed 1-2 cups of coffee daily lessen their risk of cardiovascular disorder, which can also lead to death in some individual. However, this, of course, doesn’t excuse anyone from doing cardio for fitness.
8. Reduces Risk of Alzheimer ‘s disease – Alzheimer’s disorder is a know neuro-degenerative mental disorder, which is also a leading cause of dementia. This disease usually affects individual above the age of 65 years and unfortunately, till today, there is no any specific cure for this disease. However, substantial evidence has been provided in European Journal of Neurology that caffeine or elements of coffee can provide protection against this deadly disease.
9. Reduces Risk Of Parkinson’s Disease – This is other most common neurodegenerative disorder after Alzheimer’s. Similar to Alzheimer’s, there is no such specific treatment for this disease. Hence, precaution is very vital to reduce the risk of such diseases. As per few studies, coffee intake helps in reducing the risk of Parkinson’s diseases ranging from 30 to 60%.
10. Helps in Depression & Suicidal Tendency – As per 10 years of study on more than 86,000 women shows a reduced risk of suicide in one who consumed coffee on a daily basis. As per the Achieves of Internal Medicine, another research carried by Harvard School of Public Health discovered that women who consumed 4-5 cups of coffee every day were 20% lesser risk of depression.
11. Protective Effect on Liver – Our liver performs numbers of significant functions in our body. There are several diseases that primarily affect our liver that include fatty liver, hepatitis and much more. Several other diseases can cause disorders like cirrhosis, due to which liver has been basically replaced by scar tissue. However, people who consume 4 or more cups of coffee may get protection against cirrhosis by 80%.
12. Reduces Risk of Colorectal Cancer – Just a moderate intake of coffee can help in reducing the risk of developing colorectal cancer up to 26%. Such defensive health benefits boost with increased intake.
13. Stronger DNA – As per a study published in the European Journal on Nutrients says that people who drink coffee on a daily basis have stronger DNA as the white blood cells of such people had much fewer instances of impulsive DNA strand breakage.
14. Prevention Against Cavity – Researchers from Brazil have found that black coffee has the properties to kill the bacterial agent causing tooth decay. However, adding sugar or milk in it negates such benefits.
15. Great Source of Antioxidant – All those who get tempted towards standard Western diet, can add coffee as a healthier aspect in their diet. This is mainly because coffee carries a huge amount of antioxidants. Studies, also state that most individuals get more amount of antioxidants from coffee as compared to vegetables and fruits.
I am sure, now you know several health benefits of coffee to include it as one of the healthiest beverage in your regular diet.
Aastha is the Freelance content writer. She has written many contents on Health Benefits.